Armstrong seeks to respect and reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate and the marketplace we serve.
Armstrong’s team of 900+ is diverse in every way. For example, in 1985, we advanced the van operator as owner-operator model. We provided financing for drivers to purchase tractors and straight trucks, equipping them to operate as independent business owners. This model has continued to propagate to the point where today, 63% of our drivers are ethnic minorities who are owner-operators.
Additionally, under the leadership of Jenny Johnson, CEO of Armstrong Relocation – Huntsville, we have earned certification from the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) as a woman-owned and -managed enterprise.
As a result of these efforts, Armstrong is able to provide clients with both Tier I and Tier II diversity spend capture opportunities.
We challenge our supply chain network to act in a socially-responsible manner, primarily exemplified in diversity and environmental sustainability actions in keeping with Armstrong’s goals and initiatives.
These suppliers provide additional opportunities for Tier II diversity spend capture.
Our philanthropic activities are designed to enrich the communities in which we operate. Many of these purposeful investments of human and fiscal resources impact minorities within our local markets. While some of these investments are long standing, our agencies select an appropriate enrichment activity of their own choosing for particular emphasis each calendar year.
- "The Armstrong team kept in constant communication to give us all of the necessary updates throughout the move. Everyone was very prompt and professional.”
G.Y., April 2016
- "Our driver, Robert, went above and beyond. He is an exceptional employee. He took special care of our things and communicated with me in a timely and professional manner. The loaders in Memphis were also very professional, kind and hard-workers. Thank you!”
S.D., April 2016
- "Our coordinator, Frances, with Armstrong is to be commended. She worked with me on several occasions to ensure our belongings would be delivered on time and she was always very quick to return phone calls and/or emails. Superb job in every aspect!”
L.C., April 2016
- “Our lead on the delivery and unpacking was awesome! He was very thorough in explaining why they did things and constantly made sure we were pleased with their work and that all of our questions were answered.”
T.R., April 2016
- “Our driver and crew hit it out of the park and made the process/experience excellent. They communicated greatly, keeping me posted of the time frame and what I could expect throughout the week. Most importantly, they showed up early (before the scheduled time) and were ready to work. Thanks for making this stressful event most enjoyable and easy.”
A.G., April 2016