By providing supply chain reliability, Armstrong demonstrates its Credo of “building trust.”
Three generations of continuity of ownership and operating philosophy have generated consistent, reasonable, annual profits each year since 1957. Armstrong’s foundation of fiscal continuity enables investments in functional continuity, resulting in supply chain reliability. Our disaster recovery objectives are to protect human assets, protect informational assets and provide for continuity of operations.
Armstrong employs technology and processes to minimize the impact of a disaster and provide for timely recovery within our existing headquarters facility in Memphis, Tenn. In the event this is not possible, Armstrong operates a redundant data center in Dallas, Texas, enabling any service outage to be restored within two hours.
Additionally, UniGroup has a similar contingency plan to support Armstrong and all agents of United Van Lines and Mayflower Transit.
Should technology or software fail, Armstrong can revert to manual processes. While such an action would impair efficiencies, it could be done until no longer necessary.
Armstrong has contingency plans to resume operations at other locations should such action become necessary. These plans are maintained and tested on a frequent basis.
In the event of a business disruption or disaster that impairs or destroys our physical operating locations, Armstrong has contracted an outsourced supplier to provide all key elements needed to restore operations quickly, anywhere across North America. Elements provided include: temporary mobile or commercial office space; power generation; computer systems and equipment; and phone and Internet communication.
- "The Armstrong team kept in constant communication to give us all of the necessary updates throughout the move. Everyone was very prompt and professional.”
G.Y., April 2016
- "Our driver, Robert, went above and beyond. He is an exceptional employee. He took special care of our things and communicated with me in a timely and professional manner. The loaders in Memphis were also very professional, kind and hard-workers. Thank you!”
S.D., April 2016
- "Our coordinator, Frances, with Armstrong is to be commended. She worked with me on several occasions to ensure our belongings would be delivered on time and she was always very quick to return phone calls and/or emails. Superb job in every aspect!”
L.C., April 2016
- “Our lead on the delivery and unpacking was awesome! He was very thorough in explaining why they did things and constantly made sure we were pleased with their work and that all of our questions were answered.”
T.R., April 2016
- “Our driver and crew hit it out of the park and made the process/experience excellent. They communicated greatly, keeping me posted of the time frame and what I could expect throughout the week. Most importantly, they showed up early (before the scheduled time) and were ready to work. Thanks for making this stressful event most enjoyable and easy.”
A.G., April 2016