Pursuing Armstrong’s Mission Statement requires that we act as “passionate team members working together to deliver excellence in… safety.”
The success of Armstrong’s approach to safety is evidenced by our uninterrupted coverage by a single insurance carrier since 1957. In addition to our in-house Safety Department, we have an Agency Safety Representative at each agency who reports directly to his/her agency President. The six-component Safety Management Cycle of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration provides the framework for continuous improvement.
Our Agency Safety Representatives prepare and execute an annual Safety Action Plan. This plan is used to document satisfaction of and continuous improvement in key safety performance metrics. Metrics are derived from Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, van line mandates, and our own procedures, controls and policies. Maintaining a lower-than-industry Experience Modification Rate is a key result.
Agency Safety Representatives earn certification through participation in a Safety Planning Workshop and successful completion of six online courses. Certification modules include driver qualifications, vehicle inspections, pre-trip checklists, maintenance logs, hours of service compliance and overall Safety Performance Rating. Armstrong’s Safety Department, our insurer, outside consultants and UniGroup’s Safety Department conduct training and coaching.
We provide safety training meeting curriculum to our Agency Safety Representatives for weekly use with operations personnel. Additionally, they conduct recurring driver review sessions and perform frequent site visit audits on jobs-in-process.
- "The Armstrong team kept in constant communication to give us all of the necessary updates throughout the move. Everyone was very prompt and professional.”
G.Y., April 2016
- "Our driver, Robert, went above and beyond. He is an exceptional employee. He took special care of our things and communicated with me in a timely and professional manner. The loaders in Memphis were also very professional, kind and hard-workers. Thank you!”
S.D., April 2016
- "Our coordinator, Frances, with Armstrong is to be commended. She worked with me on several occasions to ensure our belongings would be delivered on time and she was always very quick to return phone calls and/or emails. Superb job in every aspect!”
L.C., April 2016
- “Our lead on the delivery and unpacking was awesome! He was very thorough in explaining why they did things and constantly made sure we were pleased with their work and that all of our questions were answered.”
T.R., April 2016
- “Our driver and crew hit it out of the park and made the process/experience excellent. They communicated greatly, keeping me posted of the time frame and what I could expect throughout the week. Most importantly, they showed up early (before the scheduled time) and were ready to work. Thanks for making this stressful event most enjoyable and easy.”
A.G., April 2016